What are Member Credits?
Member Credits allow you to purchase any book on the site for just $13.99. On the 1st day of each month, members have the option of purchasing two Member Credits for $13.99 each. Go shopping and use your Member Credits right away, or save them up to use later at your convenience.
Save Your Member Credits!
Save this month's two credits for just $13.99 each. You can use your Member Credits right away, or save them up to use later at your convenience – either way, you’ll pay just $13.99 per book!
Do you want your September Member Credits?
Are you sure you want to skip this month?
Member Credits cost only $13.99 each, and can be used to purchase any book on the site. You can use your Member Credits right away, or save them up to use later at your convenience – either way, you’ll pay just $13.99 per book!
Are you sure you want to skip your credits?
- Who are we?
- For nearly a century, our book clubs, including Book-of-the-Month®, The Literary Guild®, Quality Paperback Book Club® and Doubleday Book Club®, have serviced millions of members, representing the largest media club businesses in the United States.
- How can you offer such low prices on your books?
- We promote and sell our products directly to you—our customers—avoiding the middleman. We also produce our own Club editions for most books which are full length, but sometimes altered in size to save you money.
- What books are available to The Literary Guild (http://www.literaryguild.com) members?
- All the best in fiction and nonfiction. The Literary Guild (http://www.literaryguild.com) members enjoy all of the latest bestsellers, popular favorites and classics. Our editors hand-pick the best books across a wide range of genres including: Popular Fiction, Literary Fiction, Mystery & Thrillers, Romance, History, Biography & Memoir, Cooking, Home & Garden, Health & Fitness, Humor, Science, Self-Improvement, Spirituality, Sci-Fi & Fantasy and more. Whatever you like to read, you'll find it here.
- How do I find the books I want?
- It's easy—just use the search bar located at the top of our website. You can enter a title, author, series name, description, category or topic. You can also browse books by genre using the navigation located beneath the Club logo.
- Do you offer a limited selection of titles?
- Our Club members have access to a catalog of thousands of titles that have been thoughtfully selected by editors in tune with what you like to read. Say goodbye to browsing through shelves and clicking through screens searching for something that interests you. We do the work so that you can focus on reading great books, not searching for them!
- What other book clubs are you affiliated with?
- We offer the best selection of books with clubs that span an impressive array of general and specialty interests.
- Doubleday Book Club® – An extensive selection of best selling fiction and nonfiction books at great discount prices.
- The Literary Guild® – Bestsellers at the best prices.
- Doubleday Large Print® – Relax with easy-on-the-eyes Large Print bestsellers at big savings.
- Book-of-the-Month Club® – A book service with benefits - up to 36% off publishers' edition prices.
- BOMC2® – A subscription service featuring bestsellers for $9.95 each and free shipping, always.
- Children's Book-of-the-Month Club® – Share the joy of books with children from infants to 12-year-olds.
- Black Expressions® – Celebrate your culture and heritage with the best books by, for, and about African-Americans.
- History Book Club® – Enjoy history reading recommended and reviewed by acclaimed historians.
- Military Book Club® – Gear up for top-ranked books on warfare, from the ancient to the present.
- One Spirit® – Be your best, with the best resources for the spirit, mind and body.
- Science Fiction Book Club® – Explore out-of-this-world science fiction and fantasy.
- Mystery Guild® – Clue in to today's best mysteries, thrillers and true crime books, at a steal.
- Rhapsody Book Club® – Fall in love with romance books - for as low as $9.95 each.
- Crafter's Choice® – Make wonderful projects with crafting books, from quilting to scrapbooking.
- The Good Cook® – Savor and save on cookbooks by TV chefs and others, for gourmets and beginners.
- Scientific American Book Club® – Go beyond the cutting edge of science.
- How do I contact Customer Service?
- If you require assistance with something not included in our FAQs, please Contact Us and we'll be happy to help you! You can also call Customer Service Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm (EST) at 716-250-5700.
Joining the Club
- How do I join?
- Browse our website, make your selections and review the items in your cart. Then simply complete the checkout process by providing your billing and shipping information, agreeing to our risk-free membership agreement, and clicking Join Now.
- What does it mean to be a member? Is there a catch?
- As a member, you'll have access to amazing books at great prices. All we ask is that you purchase additional books from us after you join. The Membership Agreement outlines the number of books you may need to purchase, as well as other important details about this great offer.
- What if I change my mind?
- We guarantee your satisfaction. Your membership is risk-free. If you're not completely satisfied with your introductory package, you may return it within 20 days at our expense. Your membership will be canceled and any payments will be credited/refunded.
- How do I save money?
- As a member, you'll enjoy great prices on the best books around. You'll also have access to special sales and promotions.
- Will a new book be mailed to me every month?
- It's up to you! You'll receive an email or catalog every 3-4 weeks (up to 20 times a year) that highlights a new book, or set of books. You can choose if you'd like to purchase any of these featured titles. However, these books will be automatically shipped to you unless you decline them. If you decide they're not for you, simply tell us by the due date provided in your Featured Selection email or on your Member Reply Form.
- Can I join if I am not a resident of the United States?
- At the present time, only residents of the United States and those who are active U.S. military personnel living overseas (with APO/FPO addresses) can be members of the Club.
- Is there any difference between joining through the website or through an ad or postal mail sent to me?
- No. When you become a member through the website, you'll enjoy the same benefits and savings of someone who joined through an advertisement or mailing.
Billing & Shipping
- What is the total cost for my introductory books?
- During the checkout process, you'll be able to review the total order amount within your cart prior to submitting your online order. In addition to the low offer price for your introductory package, you may also be charged shipping and processing, which covers all associated costs and services, including labor, materials, packaging and postage. Typical shipping and processing charges: $5.74 for the first item and $1.99 for each additional item, plus sales tax where applicable. Please note: Books that count as two selections will be billed as two separate products.
- When will I be charged for my purchase?
- We'll charge your credit card, debit card or PayPal account when we ship your order.
- Is it safe to enter my credit/debit card or PayPal information on the website?
- Do I need to pay tax?
- We collect taxes in states where applicable. That tax is paid to your state and/or local tax authorities. Many states require us to collect tax on the total cost of your order, including shipping and processing.
- Can I have items shipped outside of the United States?
- At the present time, we can only ship to individuals residing within the United States and its possessions, and those persons with APO/FPO addresses. Shipments are not sent to other locations since we cannot guarantee product delivery.